• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice

DannyBoy73

Established Member
I'm pretty sure if you run it in Hi-Def using either the component cable or the VGA cable then the 50Hz bit doesn't come into it.

So you should be able to run full Hi-Def mode and see games in the gloreous graphics they should be :thumbsup:

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
HD runs in 60Hz wherever, so if it says it can display HD resolutions (720p, 1080i etc) then don't worry, it can display 60Hz too. This is standard now. The specs also say it can display NTSC, which is 60Hz anyway, so you'll be fine.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Dan_Mason said:
I'm pretty sure if you run it in Hi-Def using either the component cable or the VGA cable then the 50Hz bit doesn't come into it.
Remember that if your 360 is set to 50hz you wont be able to run DOA4 even if you are using HD, you need to set the 360 to 60hz in order for it to work.

Turb007

Prominent Member
where do you set 50hz /60hz on the 360 ? all i get is HD options such as 720p /1080i ?

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
You can only access the 50/60hz options in SD so switch the lead to SD, go into options, change to PAL60hz then switch the lead back to HD.

chedmaster

Established Member
It doesnt affect HD mode though, thats why theres no option for it when in HD.

All HD on the 360 through component (480p up to 1080i) is 60Hz only.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
chedmaster said:
It doesnt affect HD mode though, thats why theres no option for it when in HD.

All HD on the 360 through component (480p up to 1080i) is 60Hz only.
Without the actually console being set to PAL60hz though the game wont run, it will get to the loading screen and hang, this has been talked about ever since DOA4 was released and the answer is to set the console to PAL60hz mode, doesnt matter if you are running in SD or HD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom