1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sv1984, Sep 18, 2005.

1. sv1984

sv1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to buy a Amp as in cinema sound reciver

a 6.1 speaker set
    and some decent cables for it

Whcih do i buy first i have a total budget of £2k. Please help me in his any good systems you have links to he sites or model numbers would be great

2. nirmal

nirmal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sundeep,
    I dont know much about AV receivers, as I am mainly into 2 channel audio, however, for that budget, you are really spoilt for choice. You might have better response posting in the AV section of the forum. Dont spend too much on fancy cables. Good thick generic or pro cables should do the job. Good luck with your purchase.

3. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,203
    for £2k you can gert plenty of great amps. your money will go even further second hand, or you could save a lot buyign second hand, try the Denon's and if you want it for music as well Arcam

4. sv1984

sv1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i need it for music and watching dvd

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I'll move this to the Integrated amps and Receivers section where it should attract more advice and interest,but as a few have already said,with your budget,you have a good choice of receivers,and you should look at spending about 40% of your budget on the receiver and the rest on speakers etc.

You should look at Marantz,Denon,Arcam,and Pioneer as well as any others suggested,and the choice for speakers is huge.
    You will need to make up a shortlist of the best you can find,and go and try as many as you can stomach before settling down to choose.

Don't waste huge sums of money on cables if the rest of the system isnt stunningly expensive,and even then be careful....good choices would include ixos,QED,Chord and VanDenHul as starters.