Advice with a 50" TV purchase

Fran123

Novice Member
Hi, I'm renewing my old TV, and looking for advice. I wanna spend around 300-350£, and so far I've only spotted so far two Hisense model, the Hisense 50B7500UK, and the Hisense 50B7120UK (with Roku).
I understand that the pros of the first one is better specs overall, and the with the second having Roku (which I use currently with my old TV). The difference is around 50£, is it worthy? How is the B7500 software in comparison?

Many thanks in advance, and if you have any other recommendation of other TV, very welcome.

Dodgexander

The B7120 is a Roku version of the cheaper B7100 and comes without a wide colour gamut compared to the B7500.

Given a wide colour gamut is HDR related and won't give you better colours with SDR and because low end TVs are best used with HDR disabled, I'd go with the Roku model for better smart TV.

Fran123

Novice Member
The B7120 is a Roku version of the cheaper B7100 and comes without a wide colour gamut compared to the B7500.

Given a wide colour gamut is HDR related and won't give you better colours with SDR and because low end TVs are best used with HDR disabled, I'd go with the Roku model for better smart TV.
Many Thank! My main use is streaming from Netflix, Youtube, connect the PC through HDMI and share my phone screen sometimes. Would it have influence in your advice?
Btw, how bad is the softwere from Hisense?

Many thanks again, very useful

Dodgexander

Do you plan to upgrade to a premium Netflix plan to get UHD?

If you do, and you want to avoid issues using the built in apps because of HDR you may instead want to consider the Panasonic GX800. I wouldn't buy it new though as its very expensive.

It can be found sometimes as a refurb:

The alternative to enjoy Netflix UHD without HDR would be to use Netflix via an external smart TV box or stick, as then you can disable HDR on the HDMI port. In that case, or if you don't want to upgrade your plan to Netfflix premium, either Hisense TVs will be fine.

Sharing your phone screen can be done using wireless display on any of these TVs but if you want a more fluid experience in that department you may wish to look at TVs supporting Airplay if you have an iPhone like LG or Samsung models, or ones support chrome-cast if you have an android phone such as TCL UHD models, Sony XG80 and above or Philips 7 series or above.

YouTube will work just as good on any of these TVs using built in app.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom