1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Welcomed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Headspun, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Headspun

Headspun
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Am about to put in a mid-range system into a house that I am having refurbished. My listening habits are 75% cd's (including SACD's & DVD-A's), and 25% DVD's. The system will be centered around a HD 32inch LCD TV in a corner section of a modern Living room/Galley Kitchen etc 20"x20". My wife will allow Floorstanders for the front pair and a "tasteful" subwoofer. the centre speaker must be "in-wall" and the rear surrounds to be "in-ceiling"
    Was about to order the following kit -

Denon DVD-3910
    Denon AVR-3805
    Monitor Audio GR60 front L/R
    Monitor Audio Gold In wall speaker for the centre
    Monitor Audio In-ceiling speakers for the rears.
    REL Storm 5 sub

(Speaker selection is a compromise with Mrs Headspun)

Dealer is advising the following to go with the speakers -

Marantz DVD9500
    Arcam AVR300

I would love to know what you guys think and would welcome any suggestions. I will also post this on the Arcam forum to get their side.

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The 3910 and 3805 has everything going for it with the Denon Link connection, which if 3rd on the player will mean one connection covers all audio. However unless you go and listen to them in a A/B situation you can not say for sure how they compare with dynamics and pure stereo playback.
    Its one of those personnal things that only you can decide at the end of the day.