• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice wanted from a novice

jamjosha

Standard Member
I'm looking to replace my ancient Kenwood music centre (don't laugh) with a dual purpose system to play music and watch DVDs. I have considered a home cinema package because my wife wants as few boxes and as little cabling as possible.
Having read through a lot of the posts on this forum, I am not keen on a full Home cinema package and would prefer to go down the separates route.
I've already got a DVD player so would be looking to buy a receiver and some speakers. Being tight I don't want to spend a fortune, apart from which, I doubt my hearing is sufficiently acute to warrant spending much above £500.My wife would like "surround sound" to get the full benefit of watching DVDs although the system will be mainly used to listen to music - classical and jazz, either from Cd or Radio 3.
So,good people, what do you recommend.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom