1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice/views please.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Rapid 17, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I ordered a PV500CAB on Sunday morning from Dixons online for delivery on Monday 13th June. Information on the site itimated that if you pay for installation they will take your old tv away in most cases. Anyway, when i entered all my details etc i ticked for installation but was unable to find anything to tick to request removal of my old tv. This bothered me so on Monday morning i telephoned a contact number and was told that i was down for installation only. I told the guy that i must have the old set removed so he entered it on his computer and said someone from head office would ring me to confirm. I also sent an e mail to Dixons requesting removal. No one had contacted me by late afternoon so i telephoned another contact number and a lady said my request was on their computer but it could take up to 48 hours before head office contacted to confirm. It's now Thursday 10.38 am and no one has contacted me either by phone or e mail. If they refuse to remove my old tv on Monday 13th what should i do ? Payment for the PV500 was taken from my bank account on Monday of this week. It really p****s me off when these companies can't be botherd with customer service once they have your money. :mad: Sorry for the long post, Geoff.

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Just tell the delivery guys to take away your old tv. Thats what i did when i got my last CRT delivered from Comet and they did it without blinking even though it wasn't on their instructions.

3. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Why do you wanna give away a TV anyway? ebay? car boot sale? give it to a tramp?

4. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    It's broken mate.