advice/ views on panasonic dmr-es30...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sunny_west, Jul 25, 2005.

1. sunny_west

sunny_west
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    interested in the panny es30; dvdr and vcr player recorder. ive read alot about the dmr-es10 on here but cant find much about the combined model.

can anyone tell me if it is as good as the views seem to be of other panasonic machines?

i mainly need it for recording sky+ to disc and really want to make sure it does rgb in properly (had some bad experiences with other recorders on that)...

2. sunny_west

sunny_west
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok im replying to my own thread here

:eek: just read an online review i found and apparently it doesn't add chapters to any dvd recordings!? what were panasonic thinking?... :mad:

edit- now ive read chapters are added about every 5/6 mins when the disc is finalised?.. someone please help.. :confused:

3. sunny_west

sunny_west
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    someone please heeelllllllppppppppp :lease: ive read the dvd recorder in this is the same as the dmr-es10, if so or even otherwise does it put (as ive now read by a few accounts) chapters every 5 mins when finalising a disc and is this the same for +r discs?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    The ES30V is a very good DVD recorder - the DVD aspect is identical to the ES10 and thus is the best you're going to get at present. The VCR side is average - but you'd struggle to get a decent VCR these days anyway - and for VHS>DVD dubs the machine is a solid performer.

Do note that it won't allow you copy protected VHS tapes to DVD. However, unlike most other decks or seperates, it will allow you to copy NTSC videos to DVD.

With regard to chapters if you are recording to DVD-RW, DVD-R or DVD+R then they are added every 5-6mins or where the recording is paused. If recording to DVD-RAM you can add chapters (or markers as they are called) wherever you want.

The ES30V has full RGB in/out so will be ideal for your Sky unit - but note most DVD recorders have this these days so don't buy it solely for that!

5. sunny_west

sunny_west
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Rasczak (finally someone responded- thought i was on my own) you seem to be the most knowledgable one around here

does it (es30) defo have i link/ dv in? (you say 'supports i link'?) AFAIK or was aware it didn't?

thanks

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    Sorry - no it doesn't. I've been knee deep in documentation for a new model that does and got myself confused. :oops:

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    Sunny, for your information there is a review of the Panasonic ES30V here.

8. sunny_west

sunny_west
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Rasczak, help and advice much appreciated :smashin: