1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice to find Toshiba convergence menu please.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by roorooroo, Dec 10, 2004.

1. roorooroo

roorooroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have managed to get into service mode (Volume down and pressing 9 on the remote) but can't for the life of me get into convergence mode(tried pressing tv/video button and other combinations in various FAQs to no avail)
    I need to access convergence as the corners are terribly misaligned)

TIA

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    You will need to post the model number of your TV.
    If it is convergence then you will see a different colour outline on most things, not just the corners!
    Nigel

3. roorooroo

roorooroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi and thanks for the reply..

Model number is 21V33B2 Toshiba.

All four corners seem to be displaying a cross hatch pattern as though they are lower resolution than the centre of the screen...so i presume it is a convergence\geometry problem.

I've tried everything to get into those menus with no luck yet.(Only can get into normal service menu)

Cheers, Roo

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Convergence is most commonly adjusted in rear projection TVs, your TV I believe has a tube and the fault does not sound like a typical fault ""cross hatch pattern-lower resolution "" We need more information, how old is the TV, is the fault there all the time, ect
    Nigel

5. roorooroo

roorooroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi again Nig28..yep, the problem is always present..it's a new TV too..the picture is great except for the problem!
    On close inspection the vertical lines near the edge of the screen do seem farther apart than the middle of the screen..and when there is something particularly light or dark on TV the problem shows itself up in the corner as a sort of a cross hatch pattern as i say..(very light or very dark patterns).

I'm tempted to return it to the shop..but I've already returned two previous TVs and I think I am becming infamous there..hehe..

Cheers for the help..Roo