Advice to build a Home Cinema from scratch in my new living room

Hello all,

Some time ago I wrote a post to upgrade my Home Cinema, but finally I moved to a new home and I have a new living room. I decided to sell all my previous equipment and build something else from scratch.

I decided to expend a maximum of around €2000, but I would need to buy everything, including the subwoofer and the AVR. On the other hand, I have an average UHD TV, but it's good enough for me.

The size of the living room is about 8.3 square metres, and together with the dining room would be about 27 square metres in total.

The usage will be cinema and music, a little more cinema I would say, but definitely music will also be an important factor.

I have looked around and read a lot, but I haven't made up my mind. I like the idea of having some low profile rear speakers, since the sofa is directly on the wall. Something like the Dali Oberon On-Wall or the Monitor Audio Bronze FX, seem to be the best choice.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi there. Definitely consider the FX type bipole/dipole speakers if you sit close to surrounds, otherwise it starts to annoy as the speakers shout close your ears. The FX speaker give you more dispersed soundfield, overall more cinematic feel as the effects spread around more and aren´t too directional. Easy to wall mount, two screws per speaker.

I would recommend to stick with same brand. The Bronzes are one of the best in class for movies and music no doubt. I can´t find the package deal for Bronze 50 mains which i think could be more suitable depending how close the front speakers are to walls. Anyway here is good deals including the SVS SB Pro or PB Pro subwoofers which is what you should choose without doubt, they offer best bang for your buck. High sound quality , great performance with long warranty and best support/service in business. My pick would be the PB if you play little louder and want more impact for blockbuster movies, larger ported cabinet will do that! Your total room size is good amount larger which you should also think, not just the listening area. But as this is living room system there is other requirements in play like size so you decide. Supersonido i have linked for many years with Spanish members here at AVF, this shop gives you superb bundle deals. Make sure you ask how much the system will cost when you add Denon X2700H/Yamaha RX-V6A, you will get good deal i`m sure. Personally i would have wanted X3700H, but i don´t think that is possible with your budget. I wouldn´t change anything in the links other than consider is the Bronze 50 better size for your main speakers, that will drop the total price little bit. Oh and you need some cheap 60cm tall speaker stands.

Here is the stands. I have owned the NorStone Stylum 2 stands with MA Bronze speakers and can recommend them. Sturdy and nice looking stands. Again you need to ask what the total package costs with stands and receiver added. The more you spend the more you get discount typically!

Tell me your thoughts of these..

I attach a schema of the space distribution, including the measures and the relevant elements. I hope that this information would be enough to give you a better idea.

IMG_9081.jpg

Hi there. Definitely consider the FX type bipole/dipole speakers if you sit close to surrounds, otherwise it starts to annoy as the speakers shout close your ears. The FX speaker give you more dispersed soundfield, overall more cinematic feel as the effects spread around more and aren´t too directional. Easy to wall mount, two screws per speaker.

I would recommend to stick with same brand. The Bronzes are one of the best in class for movies and music no doubt. I can´t find the package deal for Bronze 50 mains which i think could be more suitable depending how close the front speakers are to walls. Anyway here is good deals including the SVS SB Pro or PB Pro subwoofers which is what you should choose without doubt, they offer best bang for your buck. High sound quality , great performance with long warranty and best support/service in business. My pick would be the PB if you play little louder and want more impact for blockbuster movies, larger ported cabinet will do that! Your total room size is good amount larger which you should also think, not just the listening area. But as this is living room system there is other requirements in play like size so you decide. Supersonido i have linked for many years with Spanish members here at AVF, this shop gives you superb bundle deals. Make sure you ask how much the system will cost when you add Denon X2700H/Yamaha RX-V6A, you will get good deal i`m sure. Personally i would have wanted X3700H, but i don´t think that is possible with your budget. I wouldn´t change anything in the links other than consider is the Bronze 50 better size for your main speakers, that will drop the total price little bit. Oh and you need some cheap 60cm tall speaker stands.

Here is the stands. I have owned the NorStone Stylum 2 stands with MA Bronze speakers and can recommend them. Sturdy and nice looking stands. Again you need to ask what the total package costs with stands and receiver added. The more you spend the more you get discount typically!

Tell me your thoughts of these..
Thank you very much for the reply and the great advice. I know SuperSonido and other sites such Madrid HiFi, Studio 22 or Novomusica among others where I can compare.

My previous AVR was a Denon, and I was happy about it, but I wouldn't mind considering other options if I find a good deal.

I read very good reviews about the Monitor Audio you're recommending, as well as the SVS subwoofers.

I guess you don't recommend the floorstanding speakers, but I guess that goes way over the budget, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yes the floorplan is as i thought with the opening. You just got to place the tv so that you can spread your main channels good amount apart, preferably about 2,5m or so, same distance to center channel each side. Couch should be pushed little bit forward from front wall if possible.

You can easily choose the Bronze 100 as main speakers, just leave some space behind them. Subwoofer i would place in front left corner furthest from the opening and PB1000 Pro would be better option as that is not small space. It`s also more fun than the SB giving you bit more impact.

There isn´t much to choose from with av-receivers. RX-V6A is similar priced has few more hdmi 2.1 input, but i think they are using 24 GBps with their chipset. Is this issue going forward as tv`s are 40GBps i don`t know as i`m not that intrested in the latest tech (not a gamer either). RX-A2A is not much different to V6A. Denon X3700H would be the sweet spot really, but likely out of your budget.

The idea was to place the TV right in the middle of the wall, to have the best possible setup.

As for the inputs, I just need a couple or three tops, since I'm mainly using just one connected to my HTPC, where I play 90% of the content I consume.

I will check the specs of those two receivers to make up my mind since they have similar price range. Is it much difference between the SVS PB-1000 Pro and SB-1000 Pro for this setup, you think?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
The idea was to place the TV right in the middle of the wall, to have the best possible setup.

As for the inputs, I just need a couple or three tops, since I'm mainly using just one connected to my HTPC, where I play 90% of the content I consume.

I will check the specs of those two receivers to make up my mind since they have similar price range. Is it much difference between the SVS PB-1000 Pro and SB-1000 Pro for this setup, you think?

Yes there is difference, PB1000 Pro without doubt if you can fit it! Audibly you will definitely hear and feel the difference more. Specs don`t tell you everything.

I would lean more toward Denon X2700H, it does some form of subwoofer eq where as the Yamaha doesn`t and has the higher bandwith hdmi connections. If you could buy with finance (partly) then i wouldn`t hesitate with X3700H as it gives you better room correction which has audible difference to speakers and sub (vs. 2700), tad more extra power, preouts for poweramp/stereo amp etc. Just thinking it as long term purchase.

If you buy Denon make sure it´s built after May:

I think I will stick to the X2700H as the X3700H goes way over the budget. I will definitely feel the difference comparing to my previous setup for sure.

By the way, thanks for sharing the info about the bugs, definitely something worth knowing.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I think I will stick to the X2700H as the X3700H goes way over the budget. I will definitely feel the difference comparing to my previous setup for sure.

By the way, thanks for sharing the info about the bugs, definitely something worth knowing.

What you need to do is the write down those models mentioned (Bronze & PB Pro), speaker stands and that Denon. Then ask from each of those 3 dealers best package price via email. Say you are competing prices, please make me a superb deal of these. Let`s see what they offer!

What you need to do is the write down those models mentioned (Bronze & PB Pro), speaker stands and that Denon. Then ask from each of those 3 dealers best package price via email. Say you are competing prices, please make me a superb deal of these. Let`s see what they offer!
Thanks, I will do that, and I'll keep you posted.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom