1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice to a Newbie regarding Plasma TVs

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SnakeUK, Dec 24, 2002.

1. SnakeUK

SnakeUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, Im looking to get a plasma TV for around £2500 42 inch-ish. What other equipment and costs do I need to take into account.

Ideally want one which I can put on the wall. Are wall brackets provided free with the TV?

I understand that I need to get a tuner to watch TV channels. Shouldn't this be built into the TV? If not what one should I get and how much?

I understand that there is an alternative to the tuner, i.e SKY or Freeview. If so how does it work?

I basically need to know what I need to get a plasma TV to work like a normal TV as previously I assumed it would be the same as a normal TV i.e plug in aerial and start tuning the channels?

With my price tag I'm probably confined to a Samsung or something? Which plasma tv should I consider with my price range.

Cheers

2. SnakeUK

SnakeUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also how reliable are plasma screens. The last thing I want is to put up a wall bracket only to kep on removing the tv