1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice & suggestions please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by coolasacucumber, Mar 25, 2005.

1. coolasacucumber

coolasacucumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Things are moving on and the fasle wall is ready to be put up so I could really do with some advice on which direction I should go, cheers in advance!

Screen is Panny PWD6, have PS2, VHS, Sky.

Need to buy a dvd player (possibly recorder), amp, speaker set & all the cables etc.

I know there was a similar thread, but I want to keep the VHS, and I need to know which cables to buy and where from as they will need to be longer than usual etc.

I did buy the Panny tuner from Richer Sounds, I will be taking that back so I have £300 to spend there.

I know you guys have answered a hell of a lot of similar questions before, but it would be great if you could tailor make answers for my system as headaches recently have become a little to regular! :confused:

I want to spend as little as possible, but I do want a good quality set up.

I was looking at the Toshiba SD340, but thats where it stops really...

what is the best way to connect everything, do I need a convertor? do I need any input boards for the screen? would a specific amp solve any in/output problems?

Please help, and I certainly do thank you in advance!

2. skinboots

skinboots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've owned the pw6 since october and have been trying to find a suitable dvd-player for ages - after having tried a harman kardon 25, a sony 930 and a panasonic s97 my advice would be: samsung 745. it has a zoran chip without any macroblocking, and if you follow the simple instructions to make it multiregion it will upscale over component. on the pw6 the image upscaled to 768p is absolutely stunning - I could not see a difference to upscaling the picture over dvi. beware of anything with the faroudja dcdi (s97 or all denons apart from the a1xv) - our plasma hates it!
    thomas

3. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    coolas

I see that you are in Shropshire, as am I (well technically just Staffordshire but with a Shropshire postal address!). Seeing kit that is properly set up / interconnected is often difficult. It is done properly here - give me a call if you want a look.