Advice - speaker cable for going round lots of corners

Ranulph

Novice Member
Hello all,
New house means new listening room! Annoyingly said room will be multi purpose and the speakers Will need to be either side of a door. The only way to route the cable them is up the ceiling and across some beams. Could anyone recommend a cable that is both thin and bends well? I probably need at least 12m either side and don’t want to spend a fortune, something 10 quid a meter would be about right.
Thanks in advance!

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
For that length ideally you should look for around 2.5sq.mm cross section (AWG13/14) and oxygen free copper, that’s about the only technical parameters you need, the rest is down to colour, flatness etc.

Kabeldireckt from Amazon is £25 for 30m or look up Van damme blue but colour will not be ideal I guess.

Or just go for QED 79 strand in white, cut to length here. £2.25 per meter.

John7

How many speakers need the wire accross the door? If it's just one, can you not run the wire under edge of carpet/door threshold? I am presuming the 12m you cite is because of going "up and over".

Ranulph

Novice Member
Thanks for the responses. Sadly up and over is the only way as floor is oak with underfloor heating so mining is not an option!

Ranulph

Novice Member
Thank you all. I think s flex and no more nails tape is the way forward. It’s a naim amp so the pros will probably sniff at the choice of cable, but I don’t think I will tell any real difference!

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Oh, as it's for Naim gear then you HAVE to use the NAC A5 cable at £35/m, it the Naim Law you know !!!! :devil::D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom