1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice sought; Re-cleaning a dust blob on AE300.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Hello.

Jut attained my first minor dust blob. (I think)

It is only noticeable on very dark scenes so at present I am not bothered by it. In fact I only spotted it by chance when I had the shutter on.
    I would like to plan a cleaning session so can anyone advise me what to do and where to buy a can of chemical free air?

I followed Panasonics filter cleaning advice a couple of weeks ago, and I have 140 hours on my unit. I presume that I would need to remove the case in order to clear the panels.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

(I regularly dust the lens so not on the exterior of the unit)

Cap.

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    My SANYO Z1 has a dust blob. It's on the blue LCD panel. I need to take the lid off, locate the panel and blow air at it (can of compressed air).

I bought my can at my local Jessops. £11 i think. That includes I pipe thing which I won't need to buy next time. You can buy online but all the sites I found charged around a fiver for delivery (!!!).

Regards,

Jus.