• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice sought on Panasonic 1080p 50" Plasma Panels

mc1510

I'm looking into Full HD Panasonic plasma panels and trying to get the release history in order - starting with the TH-50PF9 which I think came out some time in 2007??

As far as I have been able to discover, that series continued with the TH-50PF10, TH-50PF11, TH-50PF12, followed by the TH-50PF20, TH-50PF30 and TH-50PF50. Also on my list to consider is the TH-50VX100 (2009?) which I believe was a dedicated "Home Theatre" model. Not sure if there was ever a TH-50PF40, or any 50" models that came after the PF50.

If I remember correctly there is an issue with fluctuating brightness levels on some Pansonic plasmas - perhaps on the FP20 and FP30 models?

Does anyone know any other Panasonic "Professional" panels that were produced in 1080p resolution in the 50" screen size? And which models (if any!) would make a good second hand purchase in 2019.

Also interested to know what "consumer" models I should also be considering, based solely on picture quality - not interested in onboard speakers, TV receivers, "smart" functions, 3D or anything fancy like that - purely a monitor screen from dedicated playback of dvds and blu-rays only.

Any thoughts? :)

Gavtech

Administrator
Moved.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom