Advice sought - DVD player up to £200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by drude, Apr 29, 2007.

1. drude

drude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to spend up to £200 on a new DVD player for my Mum. At present it will need to output RGB scart for a 28" CRT, but I would like to have HDMI and component outputs available for future proofing her display needs. Upscaling is not a priority. It will not be likely to be connected to any kind of receiver. Music playback is unimportant

It needs to be able to play DVD+/- R/RW, multiregion and NTSC capable, be reliable and not bafflingly complex as she is 70. Reliability is particularly important as she lives in deepest Cornwall - very hard to take anything back unless I shop at Comet or Currys (which I don't intend to do). I will be setting it up for her.

I had wondered about the Cambridge Audio DVD89, and would appreciate any thoughts on that for her needs, and any other recommendations.

Many thanks in advance

2. Silver Serpent

Silver Serpent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
  3. tricky1974

tricky1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panny s52 easy multi-region once firmware and handset hack is done it'll play pretty much anything you stick in it? no need to keep changing regions just stick in a disc and your sorted :thumbsup:

4. Silver Serpent

Silver Serpent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
    The S53 has just been released too, although from what I've read it's not great.

5. WGLOVER

WGLOVER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Available multiregion from Richer Sounds.