Advice - Sky+ in other rooms

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by CraigH, Mar 19, 2004.

1. CraigH

CraigH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm hoping someone here might know whether it is possible to get my Sky+ distributed around my house using my existing cabling setup.

I have my TV aerial and signal booster/distribution box connected in my loft. Each output goes to a room in the house which works fine for terestrial TV. I have recently had Sky+ installed but this is in my Living room next to my main TV.

What I want to be able to do is get the RF2 output to my distribution box in the loft without losing the TV aerial feed to my TV (for certain BBC broadcasts not available on Sky). Is this possible using one cable as it is currently an output from the distribution box?

I then intend to use a Sky DigiLink or SLXLink to operate the box from other rooms.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

2. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    You'll need to make sure that the UHF channel that sky outputs on doesn't conflict with any of the terestrial channels that you want to watch. Go into the installer menu to change it if needs be.

3. CraigH

CraigH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Brian, I'll keep that in mind but do you think I can just use a Y splitter to connect the cable to both the input and outputs of the booster?