Advice: selling scalers ... now before xmas or in new year?

StooMonster

I have got at least three scalers / video processors to sell.

Would I be better off selling them this week, i.e. before xmas, or waiting until new year?

Will they be worth less in new year and less likely to get buyer (as many people are skint post-xmas) or will price stay same as new kit isn't due out until later in 2007?

So, rush to sell now or store and sell later?

StooMonster

TopMeTom

Banned
Aldepends on what models they are I spose.

If people want them they will buy them,plus a for sale ad here costs nowt, so nowt to lose!!

StooMonster

• ABT DVDO iScan VP30 + ABT102 + SDI (although could sell that seperate)
  • Lumagen Vision Pro HDP
  • Centerstage CS-1
I'm thinking the VP30 is worth same as DVDO trade-in price, anyone know that currently is?

Have no idea what the current top end Lumagen is worth, any ideas?

Both got all original packaging etc.

StooMonster

StooMonster

What's the 'real money' price -- i.e. Pound Sterling -- not one of curreny that is going down the toilet? ;)

What is British upgrade program trade-in price of VP30+ABT102?

StooMonster

kostas13

Novice Member
  • ABT DVDO iScan VP30 + ABT102 + SDI (although could sell that seperate)
  • Lumagen Vision Pro HDP
  • Centerstage CS-1

StooMonster
Hi Stoo,

Although this thread is to get some advice on when to sell, Please accept apologies but I'd like to state that I'd be interested to buy that SDI card (to fit my VP50) off you at a reasonable price now(ish).

Let me know if you are interested and the relevant details (such as price ;))

Regards,

Kopa13

P.S1. Really Liked the review you did on the VP50 here and then enjoyed the Comments made about it at the AVSForum :D

P.S2. In response to a previous thread - PReP is giving me some brighter (higher contrast) images when drives my Front PJ ([email protected]/60) native). DVDO has been informed ;)

StooMonster

Hello and thanks for kind words about my review. Haven't been over to AVS for a while, only barely got enough time to check this forum atm; and doing too much of that today.

I've just had an offer via PM for the SDI card, if it falls though I'll PM you.

StooMonster

kostas13

Novice Member
sure no problem...

...not much happening over the AVS (at least in the new dvdo vp50 thread).I guess they are on holidays :)

Any news* as to when DVDO will be releasing the EDID functionality? I have a HD Sat (not sky) and it only outputs 576p,720p and 1080i but its scaler is really average.

Also now would be the time for that HD-SDi card too, considering the competition around the corner ;)

* I know you ve been beta tester for DVDO so may be you know something (which is not covered by the NDA of-course ;))

kopa13

StooMonster

I haven't anything on those fronts.

Personally recon EDID is a winner for them, although I fear they feel VP30 may compete with VP50's PReP.

We had 1080p passthough on VP30 back in mid-summer too, but I haven't heard any more news of VP30 firmware update (which I can only assume would have all the VP50 audio fixes).

Yes, HD-SDI card would be welcome too.

StooMonster

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom