ADVICE REQUIRED!

KINRAS66

Novice Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to do...I have on pre-order a NAD 3050LE. At the moment my set up is a vintage Rega Planar 3, a vintage Nad 3130, an IFI Zen Blue which I have connected to my iPad Pro and Cambridge SX-50 bookshelf speakers. To be honest, it all sounds great to my ears. Is this new amp / streamer worth it?

Only you can tell. It can be! Dirac etc. Depending if you want BluOS modules. Or just run separate streamer.

I’ve read it is supposed to be vintage amp for the streaming age. It is on my radar.

NAD has so many amplifiers. And from what I’ve read it is only display, Dirac and current which separates them.

Could always return it if you’re not happy. Whether you’ll hear an enormous difference is difficult to tell. I believe you well. It can be misleading in the beginning.

This new amplifier probably we’ll have more silent black ground. More details can be heard. Digital volume control. And as mentioned Dirac. I believe it has LF version.

Please report back with your findings.

Nice choice, will be an improvement.

When you first start using it you will hear a big change in sound quality, initially some of this may be bias and you just getting used to the sound.

May sound better or even worse, I encourage you to use the trial period (2 weeks?) To get used to the sound.

What may also happen is as you have gone up in quality amp this may show up any floors in the speakers.

Not sure what to do...I have on pre-order a NAD 3050LE. At the moment my set up is a vintage Rega Planar 3, a vintage Nad 3130, an IFI Zen Blue which I have connected to my iPad Pro and Cambridge SX-50 bookshelf speakers. To be honest, it all sounds great to my ears. Is this new amp / streamer worth it?
Have you seen this video, 3050 LE compared to a vintage 3130?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom