• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice required please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG1

Standard Member
:) Hi guys, i am looking to buy something to give me better sound quality to go with my Sony LCD TV. Can anyone recommend where to look? I would like to go with Sony again but am open to suggestions.

Thanks for looking.

inzaman

Hi, is it an all in one package that you are after?

JG1

Standard Member
inzaman said:
Hi, is it an all in one package that you are after?

Not 100% sure to be honest - i have a DVD player, sky and a video so only the speakers unless this would mean sacrificing the any quality. This is the 1st time i have looked into something like this and is mainly because i am fairly unimpressed with the outout on my tv.

inzaman

What budget do you have to work to? You will need speakers and an amplifier to drive the speakers.

Toonaroond

Hi,
You may be on the wrong thread - this one is for people building cinemas in their houses or installing stuff and butch things like that! I suppose a mod will move you to the right board at some point:smashin:

However, from what you say you'll probably be looking for either an all in one box solution (of which Sony do plenty) or a seperate amp and speaker set up.

There are millions of choices out there for both types but as a starting point I would say the difference is that the "inabox" type is an easy initial option but the seperates route offers greater flexibility and sound quality. It used to be that the all in ones were much cheaper but now you can pick up a cheapish amp and speakers for similar amounts (btw I went for all in one and regret it now for above reasons)

I'd recommend reading these boards for a while and picking up Home Cinema Choice Magazine to give you a place to start....Good Luck!

inzaman

I was trying to find out more info for you then move this thread to the relevant place so as to help you with your enquiry, however the below is excellent advice so i will close this thread and you can post other ones in the relevant sections :)

Toonaroond said:
Hi,
You may be on the wrong thread - this one is for people building cinemas in their houses or installing stuff and butch things like that! I suppose a mod will move you to the right board at some point

However, from what you say you'll probably be looking for either an all in one box solution (of which Sony do plenty) or a seperate amp and speaker set up.

There are millions of choices out there for both types but as a starting point I would say the difference is that the "inabox" type is an easy initial option but the seperates route offers greater flexibility and sound quality. It used to be that the all in ones were much cheaper but now you can pick up a cheapish amp and speakers for similar amounts (btw I went for all in one and regret it now for above reasons)

I'd recommend reading these boards for a while and picking up Home Cinema Choice Magazine to give you a place to start....Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom