1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice required please

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by leeb1977, Mar 9, 2005.

1. leeb1977

leeb1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya folks

im looking for a digital video camera but im on a budget!

I can spend upto around £250.

I'm looking for a camera with MiniDV or equiv' so that i can hook it upto my PC and convert to DVD format.

Ive looked on the net and to be honest theres that many cameras available that i honestly have no clue what to go for, there seems to be a lot from people such as Nisis and Mustek but to be honest they look a bit cheap and nasty (maybe im wrong??).

Any advice you could give me would be great - even if its just a few tips on what to look out for... im a total novice when it comes to camcorders.

2. leeb1977

leeb1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Hiddenmission

Hiddenmission

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the JVC model from Pixmania for £210, and so far I'm impressed. I haven't transferred to PC yet (see my recent post relating to Firewire :( ), but for picture quality, ease of use, etc, I have no complaints. I've only used it for holiday/family type things, so couldn't comment on its suitability for anything more serious, but to be honest, for the budget you have, I doubt there will be much in it.

I find it a very easy camera to get on with, and the general quality seems to be top class.

I would happily recommend it as a general use camera - let me know if you have any more specific questions. And if you buy from Pixmania, search the web for the various promotions they have running - I managed to save myself an extra £8.

4. niptuck

niptuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know nothing about digital camers but am thinking of selling items on ebay and need to photo them and upload to my PC (using XP) . Can anyone advise a simple article/ pamphlet wher I can read about this - and especially the uploading and the best type of camera. Thanks

5. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look here, (if I am not allowed to make posts like this I apologise in advance :rolleyes: )
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86815&item=3880004919&rd=1

This is mine, it has had amazing reviews but I just never really caught the movie making bug, so it's spent its life in a case in the cupboard.

There are lots available as you say but you get what you pay for, less cash usually means lesser quality or lower specifications on new models.

Pete :)

PS Niptuk, ebay is easy....just register with them and follow the instructions for uploading images/placing your ad. Any digital camera will do really as long as it is capable of 640 res (which is very low). My missus placed my ad as she already had an account, I watched the process and it is very easy, (my missus is not an IT wizard :eek: )

Regards
    Pete...