• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice required on plasma mounting on breeze block wall

tmurphy

Established Member
Looks like my new 50" Samsung will be with me early next week and after discussions with her indoors, she would like the unit wall mounted.

The wall we intend to use is an internal load bearing wall contstructed from breeze block. What's strange though is that the plasterboard finish seems to be around 40"" off the breeze block.

I assume the wall was battened out then the plasterboard affixed.

Are there any suitable bolts / fixings that would let me take the load directly through to the wall?

I don;t know if they exist but some sort of expanding bolt with a long thread would seem ideal?

Paranoid about doing this, but the otherwise of the wall does have a 20ft run of full kitchen cabinets on it so I know the wall can take the load, but still wary !

Cheers

Tony

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
i assume you mean 40 mm , is that correct , it sounds to me as though the plasterboard has been dot and dabbed onto the blocks , i would be cutting out a piece of the plasterboard the same size as the bracket and then building off the wall with mdf till you are level with the plasterboard and then fixing the mount , hope that makes sense :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom