1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice required on painting a screen. Urgent!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Hi,

After moving home this year I lost my dedicated cinema room so I subsequently sold my electric screen :mad:

For now I am projecting onto a magnolia wall, this seems ok but I have decided to paint it.

Can somebody remind me of which colour would be best?

White, sliver etc and what type of paint - i.e. matt, silk etc.

Thanks,

Cap :smashin:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I just painted my MDF fixed screen with matt brilliant white, works a treat. Dulux Icestorm 5 and 6 seem to be very popular, think 6 is almost white, 5 a little darker (but may be the other way round ;) ).
    Good luck!...PJ

3. smerkderk

smerkderk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Cap,

I did have a white painted screen however i found that it did not help the black levels, so i brought some Ice Storm, small tins, 1 x 6 and 1x 5 shade and mixed together and what a result, pictures look great, took some pics with a half white and a half grey screen, difference is clear to see. Anyway paint is cheap so i would suggest trialing various colour to see which suits your set up best. Sorry forgot to say the screen is matt.

Cheers