1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice required on choosing a new camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Andy ARB, May 28, 2003.

1. Andy ARB

Andy ARB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

Camcorders are a total mystery to me so I would appreciate it if there is anyone out there who could give me some advice on choosing a camcorder.

Basically I'm thinking along the lines that actually having the camera on me at the time (I.E its small enough to conveniently carry around - in a pocket maybe?) and is 'point and shoot' as possible (I.E. idiot proof) are the most important features I'm looking for basically because then I'd know I'd actually make the most use of it.

I've already had a quick look around and the JVC GR-DVP5 seems like the sort of thing I should be possibly looking at.

Are there any others that fit the bill or maybe I should wait a bit for newer camcorders that are in the pipeline?

Is there anything else I should take into consideration when choosing?

Any info/advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

2. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there's a really small Sony camcorder that's available too. It's the size of a lens and a video tape (or so it seems)

3. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own two Sony camcorders, (as most everyone in this forum knows by now!) I guess I'm just sold on the features of the Sony cams. I know that there are a lot of great camcorder manufacturerers out there but they just don't seem to make camcorders with the features that the Sonys have. I'm not knocking other camera companies such as Panasonic and JVC and
    Canon, but I'm very happy with my Sonys.
    I have a small Sony dv cam that will just about fit in the palm of your hand, but the one I really like is my Sony VX2000 3-chip camcorder. This camera probably wouldn't work for your purposes
    because it's a lot bigger than the mini cams that are popular now.
    I like it because it delivers an awesome picture with rich colors and a lot of useful features.
    If you want a small cam, choose one of the Sonys. Tunes Man.

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Look at the TRV33