1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice required for proposed install.

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by redmax, Apr 25, 2005.

1. redmax

redmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hello
    I need advice for the following:
    I have a PS2 that will play multi region DVDs and of course games.
    I would like to install this in my Mercedes so the kids can occupy themselves.
    I like the idea of the screens that just clip to the headrests as opposed to built-in so I can take them to another car if required.

I understand I also need an invertor to run the PS2 from 12v supply.

my questions:
    What else do I need to get me up and running?
    Is there any special equipment I need.
    Does anyone know of anyone in the Essex/E London area that could help me with the install?

I am a complete novice when it comes to ICE so don't want to rush into this without knowing all the pitfalls so any help will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Mark :)

2. critch

critch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello :hiya:
    1st rule try not to use an invertor, you will get lines running up and down the tv, a company called bigcatt do a 12v converter which is expensive but worth it £70.00
    i know some one who will supply this lead for a £10.00 i have one but as it means taking the ps2 appart and can only be used in a 12v power supply which is not the best if you use it in the house as well,
    if you buy two screens all the wires for the screens come with them and good instructions as well with most manifactures,
    before you part with any money for the screens get the make and model and see if they are anygood ie ask some one on here as some cheap ones are good @ night or with tinted windows but not during the day due to the brighness, its only when you start running through the head unit you star req extra wires

3. redmax

redmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks Critch
    I don't care about using the PS2 in the house. We never use it cos we got the X Box for gaming.
    Where do you get the power cable form? Do you know anyone in my area who can fit the cable to the PS2? or can yu send me some instructions on how to wire it direct into the PS2?
    So I then wire the pS2 into the power supply from the car then what...
    Is it easy to connect 2 screens to the PS2?
    Can you recommend any screens?

Hope these aren't too many questions. :clap: