Advice required for new sub

ajkean

Standard Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Rel Storm 5 and a MK VX100 working in conjunction. They seem to work quite well but I'm now thinking about selling both and replacing them with just one really good sub. I'm out of touch with what's available and what is the lastest and greatest, so will greatly appreciate any suggestions or avenues of enquiry you think I should investigate.

I'm after that awesome presence and smile making effect :) It has to be musical too... Please see my equipment below to see what it's working with. My room is about 2300 cubic feet.

Many many thanks in advance

Ash

Hi Ash - nice setup you have there :thumbsup: if size is not an issue then you would be hard pressed to find anything else in the same price & performance bracket as the latest SVS PB13 Ultra subs, they play to stupid levels and are excellent with both music and movies, owned 1 for a fair while and was easily impressed, you really need to be spending big bucks to overtake the SVS performance !!

I currently have a Rel Storm 5 and a MK VX100 working in conjunction. They seem to work quite well but I'm now thinking about selling both and replacing them with just one really good sub. I'm out of touch with what's available and what is the lastest and greatest, so will greatly appreciate any suggestions or avenues of enquiry you think I should investigate.

I'm after that awesome presence and smile making effect :) It has to be musical too... Please see my equipment below to see what it's working with. My room is about 2300 cubic feet.

Many many thanks in advance

Ash

Have a look HERE ....

Monolith

" The New and Awesome Monolith Sub woofer 300W RMS (600W Peak) 12" Ported Reflex - £413.95 "

I have an ... " XLS300 MK2 Subwoofer 300W RMS 10" + PR £380.72 " purely on grounds of space saving but now consider that, whilst I'm very happy with my Sub, I might have managed to fit a Monolith into my modest sitting room.

Thanks for the replies. As it happens, I've been looking at the Monolith and the PB13 - also looking at Velodyne but would need other people's input (who will know better than me) on that! I'd like to hear the PB13 Recruit, do you know where I could do this? I can imagine it'd look quite cool in cherry, as well as unusual...

Ash

I'd look for a Velodyne DD subwoofer too. It is a sealed design. There is a big difference between sealed and ported designs. Check that out. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom