ADVICE REQUIRED FOR DELL DESKTOP e1200

DEMONDES99

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Vague area for me this, more into software than hardware.
I currently have the following:
Intel Celeron E1200 @ 1.60GHz256MB
GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i (Packard Bell B.V.)
Packard Bell BV MCP73VT-PM (CPU 1)

I want to upgrade this to a medium to good gaming PC.
What should I be looking for? A new processor and/or graphics card or processor and mobo?

I am looking one around £100 mark for processor and/ or £70 graphics if possible.

Could someone recommend me what to look for as I am assuming only certain ones will fit my specs.

Incidentally I can't overclock this as it won't let me access it in the BIOS:lease:

Much appreciated

Last edited:
Brother, I'd replace everything if you're gaming.

First pick your graphics card, then pick your CPU, then your mobo and then your memory.

I recommend?
1gb xfx 5750 graphics card
q9550 intel cpu
maximus iii mobo (? not sure, I'm running a maximus ii and I like it a lot)
4gb nice speedy ram

probably about
£100
£180?
£80?
£150?
roughly roughly £500.

then you need hard drive(s), optical drives, and probably an uprated psu (500w minimum please).

Good luck.

^ I wouldn't spend that much on old 775 tech tbh.

Upgrading branded PCs is always a pain, firstly trying to find out which CPUs the system will actually support. Then if you want to upgrade the graphics card you'll probably need a new power supply...

If you want a quick upgrade on £170 max budget I'd look at something like this and buy 2nd hand from the Classifieds section or Ebay (never buy from PC World, their prices are insane). If you really want to buy from new look at places like Ebuyer, Scan or Overclockers UK.

Phenom 550/555/720 £45-60
Cheap AM3 motherboard £40-45
4GB DDR3 £40-50
9800GT/HD 4850 £40-45
500W+ PSU £25-30

Comes to £190+ so not too much over your budget and it'll be far better than trying to upgrade the CPU on that HP system.

^ I wouldn't spend that much on old 775 tech tbh.

Comes to £190+ so not too much over your budget and it'll be far better than trying to upgrade the CPU on that HP system.

Agrees on these. Your configuration is probably beyond help and should be ditched for new internals to get the best value. Whatever you have now can be sold off to gain a little back too

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom