Advice Required | Cheapest 4 sided Ambilight 65" TV with QWERTY remote

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
As per the thread title, I'm after the cheapest 4 sided Ambilight TV in 65" variety (when I say cheapest, I'm not after bargain basement, I just don't need an all-singing, all-dancing model that's all).

Doesn't need to be this year's model but I would prefer the QWERTY keyboard remote if possible.

Can someone help with which year/model this was introduced on, please?

NOTE: It's going in a VERY bright room so ideally don't want OLED as need the brightest screen possible for daytime use

markfawcett

Not a direct reply to your question, but I’ve had an Ambilight TV with and without the QWERTY remote, and much prefer the non-QWERTY remote, so don’t let the choice of remote sway your decision.

HAM5ter84

Your options for 4 sided ambi light is :
  • 65PUS9206/12 - Direct Led
  • 65PML9506/12 - Mini Led
  • 65OLED876/12 - OLED

There is one with a B&W Soundbar incorporated, but is the same TV as the OLED876

There is 2020 variants like the 9505, but the 2020 variants Vs the 21 had more issues in general, so the 06 is better.

If your looking at ps5 and Xbox series X etc then your want to check the OLED is receiving the VRR update etc, as I know some of the OLED are and some not. The TV are ordered in price cheapest to most expensive and tech involve. Mini led won't have burn in like direct led, which OLED risks.

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
Not a direct reply to your question, but I’ve had an Ambilight TV with and without the QWERTY remote, and much prefer the non-QWERTY remote, so don’t let the choice of remote sway your decision.

Thanks, good to know and I've since realised we'll probably end up using the Sky Q remote anyway so it's even less of a concern now.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom