Advice required by newbie please

geordie_e

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI all,
After leaving the army (22 yrs of living in a little room) I now have the pleasure of living in a house and therefore Im looking for advice on Rear Projection tv's........

Ive got a 2k limit on price.

I have bose lifestyle 30 music system.

I will be attaching DVD, Humax 5400 sat and Nokia on digital box to the tv......

Im really looking at 43 widescreen, spent the last couple of weeks reading reviews ect but im still none the wiser :-(

Any help would be apprieciated...
Thanks
Geordie

have you looked at the Sony KP44PX2. Fantastic looking set. i just ordered one. OR the Tosh 50wh18b, another fine set.

shaun (ex para)

Another thumbs up for Toshiba in general.

You might have to upgrade those Bose speakers though;)

tks shaun,
Have looked at Sony KP44PS2U... excellent review but a bit pricey, whats the quality of ur tosh ???? Quite like the look of the tosh's.....
I have decided to go for only Sony or Tosh..... are they about the best ???
Cheers
Geordie (now a civvy lol)

Tks bh... But i really like the look and sound of my Bose :cool:
Im going to look at a dedicated tv shop tomorrow, got to look at the Sony's and Tosh's
Cheers
Geordie

I think tosh is best for RP, Sony are very close behind. If you go for Sony get the PX2 as this is replacing the PS2. As for tosh, mine is the 42wh18b and the picture is great. The 42wt29b replaced this model and the picture is supposed to be a bit softer and not as good. Best you look at them yourself. But Stick with Sony or Tosh
shaun

Hi shaun,
Went out today and bought Toshiba 42PW23 ... Managed to haggle and got the stand thrown in and £20 off the retail... making it £1,480 in total. I had seen em slighty cheaper on the net but wasnt sure about aftersales service from the net, anyway the company are delivering next thurs and the set it all up for including the dvd and sound system ect ....
I just hope I have made the right choice :)) Anyway thks for your advice, if you need any IT help feel free to PM m8, was in IT for the last 10yrs (ex Royal Signals)
Cheers
Geordie

Geordie,

thats great. Im sure you will be well chuffed with it. My sony PX2 should be here soon. I would have gone for another Tosh but they had no 42wh18bs left. Sony is next best in my opinion so we will see what its like.

cheers matey

shaun

Make sure you post back with your impressions on the px2 shaun. Would love to hear howit compares to your old Tosh. My Tosh RP is now faulty so I may replace it if the sony can produce the goods.

Cheers

splinter,

dont worry I will. I spoke to Currys again today as they were hoping to have it to me by friday last week. still not there yey but it should'ent be long. ill post here the day it arrives,

cheers, shaun

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom