1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice request: s/h value of Sony TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Bert Coules, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I'm looking to dispose of a Sony TV, a KV-D412U. This is a 34" 4:3 set with a Trinitron tube: flat vertically but slightly curved in the horizontal. It has detachable speakers, 2 Scarts, s-video, outputs for external speakers, fastext, all the usual stuff, and is in very good condition.

I've put it up on the hardware for sale board at £300. The only reply I received was a sarcastic comment from someone who wouldn't explain what he meant ("Been in your family long, has it?") but who presumably thought my price too high.

So - am I asking too much? And if so, what would be a more realistic price?

Thanks in advance.

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its a sad fact Bert that people wont offer much for a TV even its only 2-3 years old.

as to a value who knows, but there are some incredible deals about these days, with 12 months warranty,

making it harder to sell an older tv.

I have a 29" Pro Logic 4x3 set, cost us £1100 about 6 years ago, but I know they dont fetch much S/H

as a result, I would sooner put it in the bedroom than sell it for £200 or less