Advice request on MA Silver center speaker

ariek

Novice Member
Hi all,

I am in doubt wether to replace my center speaker and looking for some advice here.

Currently, I’ve 2 MA Silver 200 speakers, a KEF T301c center speaker and an Arendal 1961 1V sub on it’s way.
Because my TV can be made hidden because of a sliding door, I chose the KEF before upgrading the rest of my audio because it was so slim and would fit behind it.

Now after the upgrade I am thinking of also getting the MA Silver C250 center speaker, but I want it to be in the cabinet, not on top of it because of the looks.
I temporary moved the KEF into the cabinet and the speaker seems more localized than above it.

As the majority of the sound comes from the center, will I benefit a lot by the quality improvement of the Silver compared, even with perhaps more localization?
Or will localization be different anyway with such a better speaker?
Not sure what to expect or what to favor between the two options.

Thanks in advance for thinking along, appreciated!

Attachments

• 26076036-4D19-4D1C-BBD0-0F52E29E94DC.jpeg
    26076036-4D19-4D1C-BBD0-0F52E29E94DC.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 72

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Looks bad. I wouldn´t place it so low and inside unit. You don´t have much of height available inside the unit to angle it shooting upwards toward ears. It can´t sound good shooting your shins. :( Your tv is mounted rather low but likely to due to T301c.

Have you tried running without centre by turning it off from av-receiver menu? That would mean most listening is done so that you sit dead centre to mains.

I would also push the S200s little bit forward if possible, they are now bit too close to front walls. Maybe at same level to av-unit (front edge)? It`s likely that you are using bungs now and might get away without them if you can bring them forward at least for AV use.

ariek

Novice Member
Localization doesn’t improveby angling it more I’d guess?
Beste option to get it closer to the screen I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom