Advice request before Sonos Arc purchase.

Paulie Walnuts

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,
I am just about to pull the trigger on buying a Sonos Arc but hoping for some advice on here before I do.

I currently have a Sonos beam, 75 inch Samsung Q95t and two Sonos ones mounted as rear speakers.

With the big TV the beam looks a bit lost and isn't as 'cinematic' sounding as I want.

With the new beam coming out I was going to upgrade to that but then decided to treat myself to the Arc. I have however read a few things about the Samsung tvs and Arcs having lip sync issues. I have a Ps5 and there are sync issues with my current beam however I believed that the eArc connection on the Arc would resolve this. Is this correct?

I mostly play PS5 and watch movies via streaming/Blu ray.

So ultimately I'm asking if the Arc would be worth upgrading to from my beam. With the rear surrounds already in place I'm already in the Sonos ecosystem!

Thanks guys.

I have a Sonos arc and the Samsung Q85t 75inch with zero issues mate. Go ahead, you will enjoy, funnily enough I was thinking about selling the arc and getting the new beam as I love the form factor and it sits nicely on my Av unit.

Attachments

• F375A2EB-513A-4C7E-8FF1-4039C3A69EFC.jpeg
    F375A2EB-513A-4C7E-8FF1-4039C3A69EFC.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 163
I have a Sonos arc and the Samsung Q85t 75inch with zero issues mate. Go ahead, you will enjoy, funnily enough I was thinking about selling the arc and getting the new beam as I love the form factor and it sits nicely on my Av unit.
Yeah the beam would fit neatly there. Would you not miss the difference in sound quality though?

I'm torn between the beam v2 and the Arc.

Yeah the beam would fit neatly there. Would you not miss the difference in sound quality though?

I'm torn between the beam v2 and the Arc.
In all honesty I didn’t notice a difference in sound quality unless you pump up the volume. I’m lucky enough to have a proper dedicated system where I do serious movie watching. Maybe I’ve been spoilt but I don’t think atmos is anything special on the arc! It does have more power and stagestage but for me these things are not important in that room. Im still not sure which way I’ll go, depends if I get a good price for the arc I guess!

I wouldn't underestimate the sound of the Beam against the Arc, I have the Beam (1st gen) and also heard the Arc but much prefer the sound of the Beam.

Yes it's got a narrower soundstage because of its size but everything else about it is much better in my opinion.

Hmm really?

I think I need to hang on and read some reviews of the new beam then. I do like the idea of spending 350 quid less if there's going to be little difference.

Definitely hear them both side by side, there are plenty of people very happy with their Arcs and you may well end up being one of them.

It sounded thin and sibilant at times to my ears but your ears are different to mine!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom