1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice regarding setting up a budget system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Waser, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Guys, any help on this is much appreciated. I am thinking of getting the below seperates system from RS (my budget is around £180). Is this a good budget setup? I am a total noobie to hi-fi seperates.

Regarding the A3i amp. I read that this does not have a headphone socket. Is this an issue or can I plug the headphones straight into the CD32 player? I do intend on using my headphones with it too so any advice on that would be cool too.

Cambridge Audio CD32 - £50
    Cambridge Audio A3i - £50
    Mission 71i speakers - £59.99

Speaker stands etc.

:lease:

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Seems like a nice starter system.

If the CD32 has a 'phones socket then you can, looking at the pic on RS I can't see one, but it's a crap pic, you can always get a seperate headphone amp which would be better quality anyway.

Also used is a good way to pick up really decent older kit at not much cost, I got a really nice Marantz CD and Amp from the classifieds recently both for £50.

Have a look on ebay, hififorsale.com, classifieds here and at hifichoice etc

Gus

3. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I have £100 credit at RS that I need to use up. So I figured the CD32 was a good buy as it plays MP3s too, which I have a lot of. From what I have read the Missions are the best in my price bracket so perhaps I'll try and get a hold of a decent second hand amp from elsewhere.

Thanks for the comment. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?