1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice regarding 26" LCD Needed

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by davetwin, Oct 19, 2005.

1. davetwin

davetwin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Im looking at getting a HD LCD screen for use with the xbox 360 when it is released. At this time I am only going to be renting.

I am looking at 3 models at the moment (the only 3 models they have in the shop) and would appreciate any advice as to the best one.

LG RZ26LZ50
    phillips PF4310
    Samsung LE26R41

Many Thanks

Dave

2. endlesswisdom

endlesswisdom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i also have looked at these models and for the price the sammy seems unbeatable but i have a soft spot for the jvcLT26DS6BJ as i saw this in a store and the picture looked fantastic.

3. davetwin

davetwin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't really afford to buy one at the moment, so I can only choose between the models they have in the rental shop. Am I right in saying that the 26" LCD screens have the same visibile screen as a normal 28" screen

4. davetwin

davetwin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have to rent it from the local shop, if anyone knows of other models available on websites for rental that is something i would look at. Am looking to spend no more than 30-35 per month

5. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I take it you mean screen size in comparison to an old 4:3 ratio screen, such as a PC Monitor or your old style CRT TV screen.

The best choice is the one you are happy with as personal preference plays a part, sometimes just the casing can sway you for/against a display.

I would suggest having a look at each in the flesh but not taking as gospel, the actual pictures fed to them at the shop as in the main these are nothing short of shocking and amaze me that they generate any sales.

Always come here and search for tips/bugbears using the model numbers, hundreds if not thousands of people being honest about their product (whether good or bad) is a whole lot more use than a salesman who needs a commission sale to put food on the table.

UKBoy.

6. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    When i compared the JVC and the Sammy, the JVC came up on top.

7. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Out of curiosity, what criteria did you use ?.

Always interested to see what helps people make their ultimate choice.

Cheers.

UKBoy.

8. Fe_man2000

Fe_man2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Get the Samsung - it has 8ms response time - the LG has 16ms I think - not sure about the phillips. As you want it for the xbox 360 in particular this is a big deal.

9. davetwin

davetwin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THanks for the advice guys, I popped down to the shop to have a look at the different models. I have decided to go with the Samsung

Thanks again

Dave