Advice/Recommnedations for Bedroom LCD with restricted space

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by gobstopper, Jun 14, 2009.

1. gobstopper

gobstopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I'm looking to replace my parents bedroom TV, which is now starting to fail on them.

The criteria a pretty specific, particularly considering the feed it will be receiving and also the space (a cubby-hole in some fitted wardrobes).

As far as dimensions are concerned, it must be no wider than 41cm (17") and no taller than 56cm (22.5").

A power-off timer would be beneficial (so they can set it to shut down and not have it running all night if they fall asleep).

Crucially, it must have an analogue tuner. Freeview would be a nice addition (though at present their current aerial does not give them much), but to compensate this when they had the house re-wired several years ago they had the RF feed from their Sky box split and distributed from the loft.

What I've noticed of late is that smaller TVs seem to be coming only with digital tuners, which would be a problem, which is why I'd appreciate any pointers.

I've seen a reasonably-priced set in Argos (529/4811), which fits within the general dimension and seems to be pretty well regarded (214 reviews with an average score above 4/5). It's description states that it has integrated Freeview, but in the list of additional features it also says that it has a UHF/VHF tuner - does this indicate that it will support an analogue feed?

If anyone has any other recommendations, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance.