Advice re setup of 3802

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Trig, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Trig

Trig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,

Have recently purchased a Denon 3802 together with B+W's DM602s3 fronts, LCR60s3 center and DM600s2 rears.

My question is, what size to specify the speakers in the setup?. I do not at the moment have a sub. The menu seems to default the size setting to large fronts when no sub is selected, is this the correct setting?.

Yours Novicely,

Trig.:blush:

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. All the bass is directed to your fronts.

Only when you connect a sub can you go into the amps bass management menu and select other options, speaker size and crossover etc.

Bob

3. Trig

Trig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Bob.
    While you're on......... if at some point I do connect a sub, will the 602's be a large or small speaker in the menu ?.

Thanks again:)

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it were me i would select small, crossover 80hz and send bass to the sub.

Best thing to do is when you have a sub is to select which sounds best to you, think you will find most select small.

When you start looking for a sub, stay on the same track as the system you have put together so far, Uncle Eric will steer you in the right direction, have a look on the Power Buy Forum. ;)

Cheers Bob

5. Trig

Trig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ta !:)