1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice RE Picture quality on Panasonic E55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jonesman, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Jonesman

Jonesman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set up my brand new Panasonic E55 DVD recorder last night and just need some advice re setup.

I have hooked the DVD up to my plasma with component leads to take advantage of the progressive scan and in the setup changed to Progressive PAL feed.

But i have noticed that when i watch SKy through my Normal QED scart On AV2 the picture quality is fine, but when i turn it onto AV4 for My new Panasonic the Sky picture is not as clear and this shows when recording even in highest quality mode.

Is there any advice anyone can give me to approve the PQ or is this just a case of the picture on the panny never being as good even through Component.

Thanks Ian

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    The PQ through via Component (with PAL Progressive enabled) should be better than the RGB picture - it certainly is on my 50PHW6.

What screen are you using?

What cables are you using on component?

Is DVD playback OK via the Component connection?

3. Jonesman

Jonesman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rasczak thanks for reply.

I using the Hitachi 42 3000 model, cant think off the top of my head the make of the component cable but was over £50 worth.

Yes Dvd playback is fine i compared it to my current DVD player the Harman Kardon 25 and it was nearly to the same standard just when you look at sky through the AV4 connection it is not pin sharo and this transfers to the quality of the Recording.

Cheers Ian

4. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My experience with a XS32 is that the picture quality suffers noticably when the box is converting a RGB signal to component. It helps a lot to turn progressive scan off for watching TV. Try letting your plasma do the deinterlacing, it may well be better at it.

For DVD's progressive component should still be the way to go.

Nick