1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice re connecting up

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by martinjrb, Oct 21, 2003.

1. martinjrb

martinjrb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really want to get a system but am confused by something I read in a magazine about hooking up such a typical system.
    The article said it is essential to get a dvd box with a digital input to enable sky broadcasts to be heard properly.
    What does this mean? Can the Sky box be connected just with a scart?
    My Sky box is a Panasonic TUDSB30 and I can't see any digital output!
    There is some kind of blanked off section that the Sky box manual says is for future digital modules but I have no idea what that means.
    The Sky box does have a left and right audio analogue output which I understand can be connected to my VCR if needed.
    Can anyone enlighten me please?
    Thanks in anticipation.

2. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a Digital/Sky box of any kind ( I know, I'm in the dark ages!!) but looking to get one at some point soon and know that some boxes have a separate digital output (be it co-axial or optical) By the sounds of yours you do not and so you would not be able to experience True 5.1 sound from Sky but if you get a all-in-system Dolby Pro-logic II capable you can still hear surround sound effect from your box via scart I believe.