Advice pls Which one ? Between PANASONIC Viera TX-P42U30B or TXP42S30B or something ?

matrixsc

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting my Dad a big screen Tv for xmas he's still got a 32" CRT .

I was wondering which on of these would be best to get he'll only been using it for standard signal tv link up through a sky HD box via HDMI.

Viewing distances will be around 8Ft / 11 Ft Will that be ok with a 42" ?

Could really do with some advice please .

Thank you .

How bright is the room? Yes, 42" is fine for TV at those distances.

The S30 is better (there is a review to read in the review section) so if you can afford it go for that one. personally, I'd always look for a deal with extended warranty. Look at John Lewis (there is always a chance that they will br ing the price down after Xmas and you can get the difference back within 28 days)

http://www.avforums.com/review/Panasonic-S30B-TX-P42S30B-P50S30B-Full-HD-Plasma-TV-Review.html

http://www.johnlewis.com/231263085/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=42s30

Last edited:
Thanks vickster yeah it's bright but not over bright probably no brighter than my lounge and i have a pioneer 50" and that seems fine.

The only thing is with the S30 is the smart TV etc it's a feature i know my dad won't use. Within the picture quality is there much difference between them?

Thanks.

You can do a side by side comparison on the Panasonic site. I don't think the S30 has much in the way of SMART stuff. I don;t think many retailers have the U30 and so gettinga longer warrnty will be expensive

What about the Panasonic TXP42G30B @ £549 (DIXONS) come down in price quite abit and has good reviews.

It's a not a 3D tv.

Thats way to much for me i only have around £400 to spend at a very big push £450

Just to let you all know I've gone for the The S30 from John Lewis for £499 with the 5 year warranty Going to pick it up tomorrow after we've taken my little boy to see Santa :)

Just hope my dad is pleased with it and it should be a huge surprise to him :)

Good choice. keep an eye on the JL price during the sales - if it comes down ithin 28 days, you can get the difference back

Thanks Vickster yeah i plan on checking over the festive period.

You don't happen to know if there is a thread about best settings etc do you i couldn't seem to find anything in the search?

Thanks for your help and a Merry Christmas to you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom