Advice pls ... Sony 43xg8396 or Panasonic 40gx800 ?

Malificent

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I wonder if anybody would be able to give a tech deficient 50 something mum some advice on which is the better of the two TVs I’m looking to get. I have been trying to do my “homework” on either the Sony XG8396 43” or the Panasonic GX800 40”. This is going to be a bedroom tv where I’ll be watching 99 percent of the time in the dark. I don’t want to go any bigger than 43”.

My big bugbear is when picture quality is bad. Darks are too dark, colours are not sharp enough. I’ve read that the Sony is an IPS panel and the Panasonic is a VA panel and understand that VA is better for dark rooms but the viewing angle is not as good as IPS. I’ve been into Currys and viewed both but still unsure. The viewing angles look exactly the same to me from the side! and I can’t ask them to turn off the store lights so I can view in the dark!!

I’m only interested in these two models so would very much appreciate any feedback anyone may have. Thanks.

Panasonic a lot better if you don't need wide viewing angles, a lot more suited as a bedroom TV. Especially so if you want to use Netflix/Amazon on the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom