1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by upallnight, Aug 3, 2003.

1. upallnight

upallnight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    i am about to upgrade my amp (a denon 3801).......i can get a kenwood krf x9995d for £800 new, or i was going to get a pioneer vsx d2011. The kenwood is thx ultra and can upconvert video signals.What i need is advice from anyone who has either who can tell me hands on if i will get a better sound experience with either of these...thanks in advance.

2. Supernosh

Supernosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just gone through a few months of this and ended up going for the Pioneer. Having spent time trawling the earth for information basically I have not found one bad word said about it. Infact totally the opposite, everyone who has one or has reviewed one has raved about it.

I have had mine for about a month and it is a massive improvement over my marantz sr4200 (not surprising I guess). I am most happy and will hopefully not have a need for upgrading for quite some time!!

Hope this helps.

3. jameslindsey

jameslindsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just upgraded to a 2011 from an older Yamaha & separate decoder and well pleased with it.

Very easy to set up using MACC. Double checked it with a SPL meter and it was dead on.
    The amp allows me to bi-amp the front speakers as only using 5.1 at the moment. Musically fronts seem to be more detailed and bass is tighter. Surround is more detailed & focussed.
    I changed from a Denono 3802 or Marantz based upon the reviews & comments in this forum. Thanks to everyone who helkped me make the right decision.

Only problem is you may need to wait a couple of weeks.