1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mw3cdj, Apr 17, 2003.

1. mw3cdj

mw3cdj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,
    i'm just about to order a hitachi 42pma400e, and need to know the best way(quality) to connect my sky box up to it. My dvd player will be connected via component . Also can some one advise me on a quality component cable 5m long (can only find 3m lengths) . Last but not least JS-Tech rgb2yuv would this help me and where do i get mor info on this product.
    Thanks in advance

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi,

You can connect your Sky box up using an RGB to VGA converter from JS Tech at www.rgbtosvideo.com You will also find more info on the RGB to YUV converter here. 5m long good quality component cables are available from www.tmfsolutions.co.uk for about £50. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. leigh h

leigh h

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you cant use the js-vga box because of the scan rates I was told by the guys at Nexnix that the vga port can be changed from RGB to component this will be ok for your dvd then also you can connect the sky by scart to RGB composite sync which is quite good because from a couple of threads I have read on this site you can just press a button on the remote to switch between the sky and video.