Advice please!

fubar925

Hi guys, looking for some advice on a good Ultra short throw projector.on a side note I've had projectors in the past and own a expensive 2.35:1 screen and would like to use it again is this possible?
I have been looking at a few ust from xgimi to Anker (I know not UST) to Optoma but I really don't know what to get. I did like the look of Hisense laser TV but it has not got 3D which I want again.
SO what would be a good option? budget from 2K to 3.5k would prefer to stay closer to 2k.

Any help would be great thanks.

Pulse1

Don't think any UST projectors would be suitable for your 2.35:1 screen. They aren't at that stage yet.

Phooo

Hi I was looking at options on the cheaper side and went for an optoma p2 when the price dropped to £2k .. I carnt comment on 3d but understand it does do . You realy will need a ust screen (I have mine in a white room and gets lots of reflection without at night) and even a cheep one from China will cost just below £500 after shipping and import tax

Phooo

I managed to get £100 cash back (well hopefully if it comes) from ao as well but I think that promotion is over. For me it was this or the Epsom but honestly I prefer the look of the optoma and although that wasn't the main factor you carnt help but see it ! Even in a very white room

fubar925

I managed to get £100 cash back (well hopefully if it comes) from ao as well but I think that promotion is over. For me it was this or the Epsom but honestly I prefer the look of the optoma and although that wasn't the main factor you carnt help but see it ! Even in a very white room
Have you owned projectors beforehand? Can you compare it at all? Happy with it? Any things that could be better?

Phooo

Sorry no, I went from 65 oled to this . Defo for me black levels are worth the sacrifice for 2.5x screen area .

fubar925

Anyone else got any reviews or opinion on UTS what they like or what they wish they had know.

fubar925

Hisense 100 L5 or optoma p2, xgimi aura etc

I think I can get a UST for 2 to 2.5k and a screen will cost around £900 or just go all in with Hisense any opinions?

AEJim

Are you able to ship to somewhere outside the UK and get it sent here? (presuming you're in the UK). You can get something like the Xiaomi Mijia 1s for about half that price on a popular import site (not sure what you're allowed to say here, been modded many times before!) :D In essence it's the same projector, arguably better and a lot more compact. A fixed UST screen can also be bought there for around £300. It's just a bit of hassle at the moment because no-one ships to the UK... I've had mine sent to Holland to be brought over by a colleague. Annoying.

Phooo

I would be careful importing the screen . Basically you get what you pay for . The screen I got is good but the frame fit awful and I had to do some basic metal work to even get the outer trim on ! I contacted the supplier and all I got was "we will take into account in future" I know there are suppliers like xy that have a decent reputation but with import duty they don't seem to offer a good saving .

Attachments

• 20211108_131519.jpg
    20211108_131519.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20211108_131523.jpg
    20211108_131523.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 34

fubar925

Thanks for all the help i went for the hisense 100L5 really happy so had £250 off list as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom