1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by pete1866, Jun 13, 2005.

1. pete1866

pete1866

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi i am going to buy my first hi-fi / 5.1 set up . At the moment i have decided upon a denon 1905 receiver and kef 1005.2 system , probably add a cd player later . Does anyone have this combination , or any opinions are most welcome thanks

2. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Whats your % or ratio of music listening and movie watching? I take it you do want to listen to a fair amount of music with the cd player. What I'm getting at is that system won't deliver good music quality when it comes to 2 channel stereo listening. If you don't have the room for two setups then try and look for more musically orientated speakers, such as castle compacts. What DVD player are you using with this setup? Perhaps get a second hand DAC and stereo amp insteal of the cd player.

What is your actual budget?

3. pete1866

pete1866

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Nick thanks for the reply my budget is arround the 600 to 700 mark, 300 for the speakers and 230 for the receiver and then a cheap marantz cd for about 120 , i appreciate it is never goiong to be as good as a proper stereo set up but i have read the kef 1005 speakers are good with music so i thought it would be okay ,70 % movies 30% music ,maybe i would be better buying a cheap denon dm31 for music?