Answered Advice please

rd07

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, my current setup is a Sky + box, LG Bluray player, Chromecast and Xbox One connected to an Onkyo SR-507 and the HDMI out on the receiver connected to an LG PS3000. Everything was working fine until the TV decided to stop switching on a few weeks ago so a new TV is needed.

I've been looking at quite a few TVs over the last month but am now thinking of getting the Sony Bravia KD55X8509C. I've read some mixed reviews, some great, some terrible but a lot of the issues I've read about weren't evident when I looked at the TV yesterday. I'm having a proper demo tomorrow to have a more thorough look before I commit though.

I know the Onkyo receiver I have is old so to take advantage of 4K it will need replacing but, for now, if I connect the HDMI out from the receiver to the new Sony TV, I'm assuming that will do the job? I've read a lot about people having problems with audio but I only have one cable (HDMI 1.4) running from the TV now to the receiver which is handling video/audio so can't see that this will be a problem with the new TV which would be HDMI 2.0. Am I missing something?

The system will work fine as it does now. The TV will upscale any content you send to it to 4k and nothing should change in terms of operation of your current system. If you tried to play 4K through the receiver you could have issue but will be fine with the 1080p content or below that you currently run through it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom