• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

advice please

forestfan32

Standard Member
Dear All, I got my sky HD installed last week and its a pace box and no problems at all and I am impressed with the picture quality. I have a couple of questions but .

1. I have a 720p samsung LCD . What should I set my sky box to ( 720p,1080i or auto) I know this is an old question but I cant find a definitive answer.

2. Secondly, I bought skyhd as a few weeks ago i watched dark knight in HD and was blown away by the quality of a friends Tv picture. When I watch dark night its still very good but the quality is not as good, do you know why ? could this be because he has a 1080p tv rather than 720p ?

Thanks in advance

TorchMT360

i have mine set to auto and it works fine :)

was your friend watching the dark knight on sky ?
1080p telly wouldnt make a difference as its broadcast @ 1080i
was his telly a plasma by any chance?

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
As above auto or 1080i. There appears to be a wide preference for anything other than have a sat box de-interlace the signal. Mine is set at 1080i. There are reports of time delay switching channels with auto presumably as the box decides how to proceed.
I have only ever watched TDK on Sky HD movies and was happy with the PQ. Its a bit unclear where the OP has a problem with this.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom