Advice please: Woodstock DAB54 in a BMW 320ci

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by RubiconCSL, Sep 17, 2007.

1. RubiconCSL

RubiconCSL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I've bought a Woodstock DAB54 and want to fit it into my BMW 320 ci Convertible (e46). Its on a 52 plate (2003 I think).

I want it to work with my existing steering wheel controls and to be able to accept in mp3 player as an aux source. Although its an ipod video, I think the full control device is prohibitively expensive.

So, being a novice here, from looking around t'internet, I think I need the following, but really need advice on whether to undertake this myself etc. So, I think I need: -

• Antenna Adaptor
    • Fascia Plate
    • Steering Wheel Remote Adaptor
    • Aux lead (or possibly iPod controller)
    • Adaptor for the unit itself to plug in all the leads so I don;t have to cut any.
    • Some sort of cradle maybe?

Finally, the existing Radio had bluetooth fitted for hands-free. I'll obviously lose this functionality. Is it possible/expensive to add this to the new unit - or any other good ideas for hands-free (I've just bought a Nokia N95).

Thanks in advance for any help.

If it is of any use, I live near Taunton and work in Reading. So any recommendations for getting it done if you think it's too fiddly for an amateur :)

2. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,593
    You are right with your parts list.

Your new HU may already come with a cradle, most do. The biggest problem yo may have is actually securing the cradle into the space left by your stock HU. You may be able to get around this by removing the complete plastic assembly, then securing your HU to that first.

Also, your antenna adaptor may have a seperate cable attached to it, make sure this gets connected as well, dont just leave it.

Kev