1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please Which Camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by freakin, Dec 1, 2002.

1. freakin

freakin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I dont really know anything about camcoders all i know is i want a digital one and i am prepared to spend up to £500 girlfriends christmas present...expensive woman! anyway could someone give me some suggestions as to which one to get ?

Thanks Mark

2. eddie95

eddie95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have a look at the panasonic GS3/Gs4. And find the cheapest prices on pricerunner.com
    And possibly get Jessops to price match it. They also give you six months to pay, interest free.
    HTH

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before you start looking at models, work out the sort of things your girlfriend would use it for and what aspects are the most important. £500 is a fair bit of money, so it's worthwhile having some idea of what features she'll want and those she won't.

Will she be doing a basic bit of filming, or will she want to edit movies on a PC? Will she want to email movies from the camcorder, or double it up to use as a digital camera that takes stills?

4. freakin

freakin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, not bothered about email pc editing yes and a good picture quality with a long battery life thats about all the features she should need

5. benny

benny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The main thing to consider is...,
    Will the camera be used alot in the bedroom? If so , you will need one with a decent lense to compensate for the low light :))

PS. My dad said can he have a copy !!

GL
    Ben