1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please re: Panasonic all in ones...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by soupdragon, Feb 28, 2004.

1. soupdragon

soupdragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to all this so please excuse me but I have researched and come up with the best options so far being the Panasonic SC-DT310 as I am looking for a decent hi-fi replacement as well as a good all round DVD player. However, it is a touch more than what I wanted to pay, the cheapest I can find is £320.

I hunted around and have found a Panasonic SC-DT300 far cheaper, and the main difference I can see is that it isn't 5.1, is this gonna make a load of difference to me as I will be using it more for music playback???

My other option was the JVC THA75.... But prefer the Panasonic because of the larger front speakers....

Any advice please especially seeing as I can pick up the SC-DT300 for £200, its looking pretty cheap!!

Cheers!!!
    (Sad I know spending my Saturday night researching this - guess this is what happens when you have kids!!)

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    For music there are better options what is budget and what are the uses, Music and???

3. soupdragon

soupdragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the mega quick reply!!

Around £250 - will stretch to £300 for something awesome. I am struggling for space so can't make room for a decent hi-fi you see!

Music i.e. cd's, mp3's, maybe dvd audio, some dvd films, I was going to get an X-box and a good speaker system but decided against it on the grounds that I will never have time to play any games!!!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    a stereo system Good cheap DVD that will play MP3 and CD for £70-80 stereo amp £60 pair of speakers

5. soupdragon

soupdragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help, I guess I'll go research separates now, was just being lazy I suppose!!!

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  7. soupdragon

soupdragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't live too far from one of their stores either, so yes will be worth me checking it out. I already have an old Scan DVD player, its a few years old but does everything including MP3's and is MR so I guess I could still use this for now and hook it up to an AMP and some half decent speakers... Even though it is very ugly looking now :)