1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please : Panasonic TH-42PWD6 or TH-37PWD7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by flexiondotorg, Nov 21, 2004.

1. flexiondotorg

flexiondotorg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello again,

I am in the final throws of putting my kit list together, I think I am finally sorted on DVD, A/V Reciever and Speaker selection (my girlfriend really like the Anthony Gallo's Nucleus Micros). Just my choice of plasma to go.

HDMI is not of concern for me (I will use component) and neither is HD resolution as I am not s Sky subscriber and do not intend to be. If (and when) HDTV takes off in the UK I will review my choice of screen.

My budget is also a major factor and both these screens are affordable in conjunction with my other equipment. Given the choice which would you recommend and why?

The current 37" display or older 42" display?

My main concern is that I will can not afford a scaler and mostly watch freeview broadcasts. Is the 42" screen more likely to show up artifacting than the 37"?

Thanks in advance fo any feedback.

ps - MAW, you might like to comment it could be advantageous ;-)

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Though I now use a scaler, i was not over bothered by any PQ issues on a pwd6 prior to this, though naturally the 37" will appear to do a better job as it's smaller. I don't think it's a big issue as I understand your viewing distance is not in the 'nose against the glass' category. For me, unless there is some really compelling factor, I would always go 42 over 37, partly on cost/size, partly I'd worry that I'd regret only having a little one when I could have gone all the way, so to speak.

3. Fozz

Fozz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Remix.
    I too hope to get a PWD6 soon.
    Can you please tell me what type of AV Receiver and DD player you are opting for?
    Am just curious to see what others probably more in the know that I are opting for.
    Oh also, what connector board(s) will u go for and why?
    Thanks.

4. flexiondotorg

flexiondotorg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am still evaluting different equipment. Everytime I think I has it all figured out I learn someting new. The only constant is my choice of screen and speakers. DVD and A/V reciever selection changes almost daily.