1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please on which AV-Amp c. £1,000

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gixer750, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Gixer750

Gixer750

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After just purchasing my new Plasma 505XDE and having lots of building work done (running speaker cables in walls, mounting plasma, and lighting system, etc...). I was just about to post a picture of this install into the Plasma forum when, guess what! My Yamaha AZ2 amp has just given up on me :mad: . So I am suddenly in the market for a new AMP. I have around £1,000 to spend.

:lease: Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Current equipment includes Pioneer PDP-505XDE, KEF KHT5005 6.1, Pioneer 656 DVD Player, Sky+, XBOX, IPOD.

2. Gixer750

Gixer750

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

I will of course audition any recomendations...

One quick question, can this amp be used as a 6.1 system rather than a 7.1. I have just run all speaker cables and really don't want to have to renew by freshly redecorated room since I only have a single rear center speaker...

3. Gixer750

Gixer750

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also found the Yamaha RX-V2500. Any opinions on this amp.

My main problem is that I want to run 6.1 in the main room, but have a zone 2 output to my garden, since all speaker cables have been run. My Current AZ2 (may it rest in peace!) has extra speaker 2/B outputs while still leaving 6.1 in the main room.

After lookin into the Prionerr and Denon 3805, I thinks these amps mean you can only run 5.1 in the main room, and the surround-back channels become the zone 2.

Thanks